POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : how can i do this? : Re: how can i do this? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how can i do this?
From: pierre
Date: 25 Aug 2006 03:50:00
Message: <web.44eeab388da26955ad334ed60@news.povray.org>
Thanks for yours answers! it is very nice to meet helpfull people!

I was thinking to use the method proposed by Chris. THere are still
technical problem that I have to overcome, but it is playable! I guess It
would be faster to create the image in povray and to analyse each pixel in
matlab.

It looks very strange to me, that it is not possible to re-create a virtual
goniometre. As I am working on textile texture and gloss, I want to compare
measurements to a simulated surface. I hope it is gonna be possible using
povray.

->to Trevor
I have no clue on Megapov. I am gonna look at it. But perhaps you could
explain the main advantage to use HDR image output/input?

Anyway, I will try to find something and I will let you know the result.
Greetings
Pierre